CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 31, 2011

Honey Lime Pork Enchiladas

Don't you just hate it when you have to come back from vacation and get back into the whole routine of cooking and laundry and all that comes with that?  Well we got back from Hawaii a week ago and I am just now sitting down to post. I found this recipe on Sisters Cafe.  I really did feed my family last week and then it was my turn to cook for the cousin dinner as well on Sunday.  There are 22 of us now at dinner every Sunday, that is crazy!  Anyway I have made these in the past with chicken, but I think I like them even better with pork. This is what I made for them last night! 

1.5 lbs. Pork, cooked and shredded ( I used a pork loin)
Sauce:
1/3 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup Lime Juice
1 Tbs. Chili Powder
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder

2 -3 (10oz.) Cans Green Enchilada Sauce
Equal parts mixed together of:
Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
Flour Tortillas

Mix together sauce ingredients then add to shredded pork.  I put mine in a large ziplock bag and let mix it all together.  Let it soak into the meat for about 30 minutes.

Spray your pans with cooking spray.  Pour green enchilada sauce into pans to coat the entire bottom.  Fill the tortillas with shredded meat and desired amount of cheese.  Roll and place in dish.

Pour remainder of sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle more cheese on top.  If you have to open another can of sauce then do, it tastes really good with the sauce.  Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Then turn on broiler and place enchiladas nearer the top of the oven.  Let it broil until the cheese is slightly brown and crispy.  Watch them close, it doesn't take long.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment