CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bourbon Chicken

I felt guilty making dinner last night! I made Bourbon Chicken, it reminds me so much of Cruz, (my away at college son), anyway, I always feel guilty when I make it and he is not home!  Hint, hint Blair....make it for the boys in Logan!!  It is easy and sooooo yummy!

2 lb. boneless, skinless  chicken breasts ( I use tenders about 8-10)
4 Tbs. oil for frying
Cornstarch

Sauce:
1 garlic clove (minced)
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup apple juice
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 Tbs. ketchup
1 Tbs. cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce

Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in a large ziplock bag.  Put a 2-3 Tbs. corn starch in bag and shake it up until all pieces are covered.  Heat oil in frying pan and fry up the chicken until it is lightly browned and just a tad crispy.  Place on paper towel to drain.

In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients.  Pour into pan and bring to a boil.  Add chicken back to pan, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.  Serve over rice!  Enjoy!

1 comment: