CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pasta Fagioli Soup-- Olive Garden Copycat

I love this soup at the olive garden. I have only made it once before and it made tons!! I am halving the recipe tonight as well  as on the blog, so I hope it turns out the same. Also, the recipe is in ounces for the measurements. For the veggies, I just guess! I will put what I am doing, but your welcome to do whatever and I am sure it will taste just fine!

Pasta Fagioli Soup
1 1/2 tsp. Oil
1 Lb. Hamburger
6 oz. Chopped onion - I got 1 small onion and with chop it up in my food processor
7 oz. Slivered Carrots- I got a 10oz package of matchstick carrots and will use 3/4 of the bag or so
7 oz. Chopped Celery- I got 4 pieces of celery
24oz. Diced Tomatoes- they come in 14oz cans (1 1/2 cans)
1 cup Kidney Beans
1 cup White Kidney Beans
44oz Beef Stock- they come in 32oz cartons (I bought 2 and will use what I need of the second)
1 1/2 tsp. Oregano
1 1/4 tsp. Pepper
2 1/2 tsp. Parsley ( I just use the dry flakes)
1/2 tsp. Tabasco Sauce
24oz. Spaghetti Sauce- I bought Hunts and it comes in a  26oz can
4oz dry Pasta Shells

Directions:
Saute beef in oil in a large pot until beef starts to get brown. Add in onions, celery, carrots, and diced tomatoes and simmer for about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse beans and add them to the pot. Also add beef stock, Oregano, Pepper, Tabasco, Spaghetti Sauce, Parsley and Pasta Shells. Simmer until celery and carrots are tender, about 45 minutes. The halved recipe should make about 4 1/2 qts. of soup!

Now if I could just find a recipe for breadsticks. . . . .I would be in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment