CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Penne Pasta

My sister-n-law, Jodi made this for Cousin Dinner one Sunday.  I arrived during the preparatory part.  When I saw her pouring the whipping cream on the top, I almost went home hungry that night.  But I am happy to say it is really yummy and I have made it several times since!

1 Pkg. Penne Noodles
1 Large Bottle Spaghetti Sauce ( I like Prego)
1 lb. Ground Beef
Grated Cheese
1 Pint Whipping Cream
Red & Yellow Peppers (optional)

Brown meat in a large pan.  If you are using peppers saute them with some olive oil in a separate pan.  Boil noodles until done.  Add spaghetti sauce, noodles and peppers to meat, stir in some cheese, (as much as you want, I am pretty generous).  Pour into a greased 9 x13 pan.  Sprinkle some grated cheese on the top and then pour the whipping cream all over the top.  Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to and hour.  When done, mix together in the pan to  stir in any remaining whipping cream on top.

**This can also be made without the meat if you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment